Sunday, December 13, 2009

Raising the 'Barn'

Today was gingerbread-house-making-day. This year we made a gingerbread barn instead of the traditional house. Since Jack doesn't really care one way or the other yet, and I usually finish Kevin's for him anyway, we decided to make one big structure instead.

We found some really cool chocolate rocks for the pathway, there are Swedish fish swimming in the pond and keeping the Moose company. We dyed some coconut for hay, and liked the effect so much we made a whole haystack. Finally we swiped a couple of Jack's toys to stand in as farm animals until Christmas is over.

3 comments:

Dayna said...

Wow! Nice job; it looks great!

(Side note: I do have to say, I was expecting green coconut hay, rather than straw. ;) But like the straw pile too.)

Cassie D said...

So true Danya, hay would be green wouldn't it? That, or it is really old and the top-most layer is dried out and yellow from sitting in the sun. Prehaps that is what ours is.

As long as our pile doesn't spontanously combust and burn down the barn it can be whatever it desires to be. ;-P

Anonymous said...

It reminded me when my kids were young. I haven't made a gingerbread house for years. You inspired me to make one for Christmas. Thank You for the weekly news letters. You make my day.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynne Frazer